Click on one of the names below to contact
Comments sent in to us
during our 2011 campaign to get the Gateway Scheme amended.
- "I applaud your efforts and quite agree."
- "I really feel that residents are being ridden over roughshod in the Council’s pursuit of its agenda."
- "This is all about creating a local scheme to spend someone else's money on a project which fits someone else's criteria. Therefore its not thought through, nor seen through, local eyes."
- "Be right to be very mistrustful."
- "The plans would indeed cause a very dangerous
crossing, not only for children, but for all pedestrians."
- "The proposed movement of the bus stand will reduce
valuable footfall into the Old Town, which is extremely
important to both the local community and economy."
- "I feel that placing the bus stand along The Pavement will cut the area
in two and spoil the streetscape. Holy Trinity Church is an important landmark
and will be overshadowed by the close proximity of seven buses.
The current site of the bus stand is quite discrete and passengers walking to
Clapham Common Underground station pass a lot of the local shops surely a good
- "Clapham Old Town is the old centre of Clapham and as such should surely be retained, celebrated and enhanced as a centre and not relegated to a bus station. Something called Option A is a glorified traffic bus station."
- "Thank you for delivering your information to us and
bringing the problems to our attention."
- "Thank you for details about the scheme. I have already objected to
it by email but will also send in a hard copy."
- "To turn The Pavement into a bus park will do nothing to
enhance the lives of Clapham residents, and at a cost of £3
million seems plain daft."