Save our Common - say NO to
Option A & Option B.
Ask to adopt the Original Master Plan instead.
would like to fill in Lambeth Council's Clapham Gateway Design Study
Go to Top of Page
On separate pages, we also look at how our children will be
affected , as well as the threat to our mature trees, if the new
"Gateway" plans go ahead.
- Destruction of the Historic views between Old Town and the
Common, which have remained little changed for more than two
- The line of parked buses creates a barrier between Old Town and
The Common, contrary to the original Master plan of 2007.
- Closure of the road behind The Polygon results in all
traffic through Old Town being routed along The Pavement,
where the line of Buses is shown, resulting in greater
congestion in Old Town.
- Removal of much needed residents parking spaces on both sides of The
Pavement. There is nowhere else in the area that could provide the more
than twenty spaces that will go.
- Removal of the two Club Car spaces, presently on The
- Increased noise and pollution along Old Town with
increased difficulty of loading and unloading for
In our opinion, the plans are